Site_Navigation

Thursday 12 April 2012

INTROducing... Moxham.



Oh Hey! How are you??

Very well thank you – catching up on emails, enjoying the sun that is streaming in through the window and planning the day ahead.

Give us 3 words that describe you best:

Obsessed with shoes.

So, can you tell us what it is you actually do?

In September of last year I started my own jewellery and accessories business called MOXHAM. I am currently launching S/S…

...and you're how old?!?!

26

Nice! How did you get into this?

I studied and worked in fashion design, then did a year working for a branding agency and then finally decided to do an MA. I used the MA to shape the product and identity of the brand so I would be ready to launch once I graduated. 

What’s the most exciting thing you've done in your career so far?

Many things – it was an exciting time when MOXHAM began to take shape in terms of its logo, branding etc but seeing friends/ strangers wearing the pieces and having such a presence at LFW on some great girls was exciting.

What’s been your dullest job?

There have been a few, nothing horrendous, but just a little mind numbing. 

Where do you look/go for inspiration?

Ideally on a weekend away… in actuality I trawl through my parents book collection and spend a day visiting museums and art galleries. I am desperate to go to Copenhagen- it is just finding the time!

What took the most balls?

Deciding and then telling people that I was going to start my own business – if it doesn’t work out it’s only me toblame. Luckily, things are going from strength to strength..

The best advice you have for new graduates about to go into the 'real world’ is....

Be philosophical and enthusiastic – good days will be followed by bad days and that is just life.

**Check her collections out here Moxham...They're hot stuff!**