Site_Navigation

Monday 18 June 2012

INTROducing.....Emma Stephany: Advertising


Oh Hey! How are you??

Super tired today. Left work at 11pm (working mental on a project right now and up again at 7.30am. BUT I am going away this weekend to Italy to the middle of nowhere with Sam and parentals (slightly weird) which I cannot wait for.

Give us 3 words that describe you best:

Free, spirited, pixie
So, can you tell us what it is you actually do?

I work for Google, specifically for YouTube. I work in their advertising team.

...and you're how old?!?!

26

Nice! How did you get into this?

Very random. Applied after leaving uni, got quite far, then my application was put on hold due to a hiring freeze. Then a year later i met someone at the place i was working at time who knew someone who worked at Google so I applied a second time round and she put in a good word for me – and bobs your uncle, i got hired as a temp and then converted to become permanent nearly 2 years ago now.

What’s the most exciting thing you've done in your career so far?

Mmmm....worked at a VERY COOL creative agencies party in Shoreditch, flown to Zurich and played on slides at the Google offices, met Jamie Oliver at work...every day is cool in its own way...right now I’m sitting in a huge pod couch thing looking out to the whole city...

What’s been your dullest job?

Working at the London Development Agency drowning in admin

Where do you look/go for inspiration?

At work I go to the coffee machine. At home I read news/ travel / fashion. Health magazines..

What took the most balls?

Everyday at work Im put of my comfort zone but probably presenting and demo'ing the Android phone to a room full of 50 people. (Demos always go wrong!)

The best advice you have for new graduates about to go into the 'real world’ is....

Say yes to your first job – you never know where it will lead. And SAY SOMETHING!




**Not a bad view from your office....**